Up the city's population currently to 60,000 people, and thus is the largest city in the island of Rhodes and the Dodecanese islands, which is also the largest city in the South Aegean, where the administrative capital of the population over this area, the city of Hermopolis
Rhodes also has the rest of the Dodecanese Islands, an important strategic position between Europe, Africa and the Middle East make it a place for the convergence of civilizations throughout its long history, where it was noted that it was inhabited since the age Alnauleci (about 4000 BC
Continued prosperity of the city during the period so that the Romanian state became the center of Roman and an important center of science and the arts, and believed that the Apostle Paul, where he stopped during his third missionary
Joined the city to Greece in 1948, after World War II
· Palace of Grand Master: It was the headquarters of Grand Master of the Knights of Alhospittalier, which took him on the island.
· Suleiman Mosque: It is up to the Mosque of the Ottoman Empire.
· Amboise Gate: A old city gates.
· Rhodes Acropolis: Acropolis, a Greek city, featuring some of the effects of that period.
· The port of Rhodes: a place where there was a statue within Colossus of Rhodes, and is now called Port Mandhiraki (Mandraki).
· The city has a football club playing in the Greek third division are ASA and Bao Rhodes Diagoras Rodhus
· Consulates are located in the city's 13 countries, due to its historical significance.
· Linked to the city through its port with most of the major ports in Greece.
· Linked to the city through Diagoras International Airport which is located at a distance of 14 kilometers from the city's most Greek cities, the airport receives flights from European airports during the tourist season