· The region's history began with the arrival of Berber tribes and attendance. They launched the Greek name of the Libyans, Alnomidiin. And is attributed to the establishment of Constantine Altjaralviniqian. It was the old name is (Qrta) means Balviniqih (village or city) and the Carthaginians call (Batim Sarim).
· Then entered the city under the authority of the Romans. During the Byzantine period AD 311 years rebelled. Vajtaanha the central authority of the Romanian troops and ordered a new emperor Maxinos Btakribea.
· He Emperor Ksentntin built in 313 AD. And took his name and became known as Constantinople, or Constantine. I knew from the years 429 invasions Vandals, Byzantines and then restored.
· With the entry of Muslims in Morocco knew the city a kind of independence was its people and the charge of their affairs on their own until the ninth century. The advent of the tribal region known as semilunar, and in the tenth century and then dominated the Arabic language on the people of the region
· It should be noted that the arrival of the Jews was after the fall of Andalusia, where they lived in peace under Islamic rule, and then expelled the Christians zealots of the Catholic Church in Rome after the fall of the last rulers of Andalusia
· And since the thirteenth century the city passed into the hands of the owners of Hafsids Tunisia and remained in their hands until the arrival of the Turks Algerians.
· Before settling permanently in the region of the Ottoman Turks tried to take the city several times and have always been hampered by resistance Hafsids. Year 1568. My parents drove Mohammed Saleh Rice campaign on the city, and could be seized without a fight. And denounced his country after the expulsion of Abdul Mu'min Hafsids leader and his tribe of children Asawlh.
· Constantine was chosen as the capital of the Middle Baeljk. Favor of the Bay (1771-1792 AD.) Format and give the city its distinctive character. Of the most important work to build a mosque and a school Alqtanih. School Sidi Lakhdar, which taught me the Arabic language as a special district created for the Jews after they were Mtozein throughout the city
- Tombs of the prehistoric era: the tombs of the people of the city of Constantine, a great deal of luxury, located mountain summit, Mr. Msid, in the place called "dead set".
Also discovered other tombs located under the "cave bear" and the other hand, "Bakira", and there are other cemeteries in "carob" sites so-called "retreat Sidi Bou stone" Qhqash, and K Tasingh Bbnoarh and vowed to all the pre-history.
- To the cemetery Almigalitih Bonowarh: about 32 km from Constantine, and on the national highway No. 20 leading toward the cemetery is located Valma Almigalitih Bonowarh to the south-western slopes of Mount "removed" at a distance of 2 km north of the village Bonowarh.
This consists of Atmanat "dolments" of a cohesive limestone layers dating back to the prehistoric era, and it seems that a large number of them have been damaged and extinction.
Constantine dominated their pigmentation, cultural and religious since antiquity, and dedicate this look after the stability of Islam, I knew the process of building of mosques are a permanent process, and Znserd the names of the most important of these mosques are as follows:
· Great Mosque: built in the era of 503 years Zirid e 0.1136 m, was built on the ruins of the Roman temple object approach the Arab Benmehidi Currently, the foreign engineered changed as a result of restoration, featuring Arabic writings inscribed on its walls.
· Collector, Mr. Green was built by the Bey Hassan Bin Hussain alias Abu Hanak in (1157-1743 AD) as evidenced by the inscription that is installed on a slab of marble above the entrance door, and there is next to the mosque cemetery includes the graves of several, including the tomb of Hassan Bey
· Mosque of Sidi El Kettani: There are Square "market age" Currently, Bai Bin Saleh ordered echeloned built in the year (1190 -1776 e) and to the side there is a cemetery for any family.
· Mosque Oval: There are neighborhood door arch, built in the post-independence period, is punishable by senior scientists, including the city of Constantine Ataiwgay Sheikh and Sheikh Yusuf Boughaba renowned scholar, and there is next to the mosque of Imam Oval Institute of Forensic Sciences
The city is rich in a number of other mosques, including: Mr. Fan Mosque - Mosque Sidi Mohamed Ben Maimon - Mosque Sidi Buanabh - University of Hafsa - Mr. Rashid Mosque - Mosque Sidi Nmedil - Mr. Abdul Momin Mosque - Mosque Sidi Boumaza - Sir Qmosh University - University forty honest, etc. ...
· Alhananch door: which allows exit from the north of the city through the valley of sand, and leads to the springs flowing into the swimming pools, Mr. Msid.
Lives, the door: extends across an exciting sound of the rotor, and leads to the northern side of the valley of sand and connects this section to the sources, Mr. Memon that are in the laundry.
· Door Kantara: up to South City West Valley sand.
Give fresh door: opens on the road to Mr. Rashid is located at an altitude of 510 m.
· The door of the New Square is located north of the first of November, demolished in 1925.
· Bab El Oued "or Mila door" allows access to the pavilion Rawabi blood money, no place was the Palace of Justice today.
Due to the rugged terrain of the city and the Rift Valley, which opened up the deep sand, seven bridges have been set up to facilitate the movement of movement, known then as the city of Constantine, suspension bridges, namely:
· Door arch bridge: the oldest bridges built by the Turks in 1792 and destroyed by the French to build on the ruins of the existing bridge in the year 1863.
Sir Msid · Bridge: built by the French in 1912 and also called the suspension bridge, with an estimated height of 175 meters and a length of 168, which is the highest bridge in the city.
· Bridge navigator Solomon dedicated rail corridor is pedestrian only, and a length of 15 m and width two and a half, a street linking the railway station and city center.
· Bridge Mjazn sheep: is an extension of the street Rahmani Achour, due to the narrowness is unidirectional.
· Bridge devil: a small bridge connecting both sides of the valley of sand and is located at the bottom of the groove.
· Bridge Waterfalls: There are on the road leading to the pool and the bridge above the water and sand valley beneath composed with waterfalls, built in 1928.
Project of Bridge sand giant: relative to the valley of sand and will be a length of 1150 and a width of 25 m paths back and two roads forth in addition to Scotty, "Tramway" in the middle of the bridge and at an altitude of more than 100 m and will run from the Heights "neighborhood of Mansoura" all the way to the "neighborhood Jinan olive" was dedicated to him financial cover 250 million dinars
Remember some of the novels that Bey himself was supervised by, among gardens Constantine wrote about some of the historians and travelers, "Garden, Kassum Muhammad (which claims Schora Qambith) located behind the street Belouizdad, which has been attracting a lot of people for its beauty and intensity of trees and there are a statue the sculptor's "Lost" L Hoest, and under the bridge arch door Hdegh no great beauty, and because of its location in the slope, they fall for attention from a distance