The area of the park about 80 acres, and its gate facing the main street of Charles de Gaulle in Cairo. There are on the West Bank, Cairo Nile and there are streams and caves, waterfalls, wooden bridges and water, and lakes of the birds on display. It also contains the Museum was built in 1906 and houses collections of rare animals and stuffed birds and reptiles. The estimated number of visitors to the park by about two million visitors annually.
The park was closed in February 19, 2006, fearing for the animals and birds from bird flu, but was re-opened on 24 April of the same year