Characterized by the Arabian Peninsula, is strategically located between three continents and the largest located in the northern half of the planet home to many civilizations, the cradle of the heavenly messages. Has flourished within the borders of the Kingdom of civilizations mentioned some of the Qur'an such as the debtor, as well as the civilization Thamud Ela and that their impact is still present even today in the area known as Madain Saleh, find the groove and in Najran, who spoke on the Koran of the owners of the groove.
In this island, which was an important trade corridor and a way for the convoys and the spread of Islam in the heart of the Arabian Peninsula and later spread to other parts of the world until he reached Africa, Asia and part of Europe over the centuries the prosperity of the Islamic Caliphate
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the bulk of the peninsula and the most prominent surface features include the following
· Narrow coastal plain called the Tihama, separates Sarawat Mountains and the Red Sea.
· The Golan Heights, we find a large rock situated to the east of the mountains of the Hijaz and the height ranges between 320 m and 1200 m, interspersed with sandy Nafud and also penetrate the narrow valleys from north to south, and there is a mountain in the north of Aja and Salma.
· A broad coastal plain in the east, dominated by drought, with the exception of two major Ahtin Ahsa, Qatif, and this area was once called the region of Bahrain.
· Sea sand is populated mainly Empty Quarter in the south of the country, and allow more significant in the north, and up between them a narrow strip of sand called Nafud Dahna desert.
· Follow the Kingdom's 1300 Island of 1150 islands in the Red Sea and 150 islands in the Persian Gulf, the most important of the Knights Islands near Jizan and Tarot Island near Qatif
· Mountain range (totaled) in the region of Tabuk
And mainly on the territory of the country's drought-free rivers or waterways permanent. Although the dry valleys in most parts of flood water after rainstorms, but the actual value of water is weak, either due to evaporation or due to leakage into the ground.
The Saudi territory geographically museum includes many forms of terrain from the mountains, plateaus and volcanic cones and are free and deep valleys and coastal plains are low and the veins of sand and coral islands. It consists of those physical manifestations of most of the rocks known. The surface features can be divided in the country into four geographic regions are the major natural
· Najd plateau.
· Sandy deserts
· The eastern coastal plain.
It consists of igneous and metamorphic old or covered in some parts Aharat volcanic. And extends along the Red Sea coastal plain and a length of 1.700 km from the Gulf of Aqaba and the border with Jordan, north to the border with Yemen in the south. As it descends sharply to the west and gradually towards the east, and narrow in the north, but it expands to the south offer ranges between 40 and 240 km. These mountains are characterized as moving in parallel chains and bearing the names of several, known as the northern part of the mountains of the Hijaz, because it is reserved between the coastal plain and within the Arabian Peninsula
, Called the southern part of the mountains of Asir, to overcome hardship, severity, and her nakedness, known as high mountain ranges or Sarawat Sarat Asir, where the rise in the country's highest peak on Mount Souda near the city of Abha to 3678 m above sea level. And down from the mountains of Asir and Hijaz valleys hundreds of the most famous valleys of Najran, Jizan, Bisha and Fatima, agate, Alrma. Including what is paid to the sea and the waters of which flow into the water inward. These basins and valleys are characterized as essential to the centers of agricultural activity taking place because the floods which carry large amounts of silt.
· Khali Basin and the broad low is one of the largest sandy deserts on Earth as it related to an area of 640 thousand km ² extending from the highlands of the Hijaz and Asir highlands in the west to Oman in the east, and north to the plateau, we find the border with Yemen in the south. In spite of the harsh natural environment in this region and the absence of human activity, but it is full of riches huge oil and natural gas, radioactive minerals, sand, glass and solar energy, which is no longer free as the name suggests this, as it spread the centers and stations, the national oil company and roam the planes and cars veiled skies and land for mineral savings.
· Dahna desert to San desert extends from the Empty Quarter and the surrounding plateau, we find from the east heading towards the north and a length of 1200 km and a wider range between 25-80 km. Dahna is composed of red sand dunes parallel breaks in between rocky
Despite the disagreement on the legality of the name of religious tourism, but some elders went to say «Tourism is the sense of moving from one place to another to see what the effects of, or for a walk and enjoy, with its views, or aspects of something does not forbid religion in itself, but he wants if the purpose basing honest journey of Imam Shafi'i, known in the application of science and his call to travel, and considered that the same pilgrimage and religious tourism imposed worship ».
The elements of religious tourism in Saudi Arabia are available in a striking is poised to be one of the pillars of the economy, and these elements that will attract tourists from all over the world because Saudi Arabia is rich in heritage and its implications that strike deep in the roots of human history, where Saudi Arabia is the center of religious tourism because of the orientation hearts Muslims before their eyes to see those places pure