The nature of Lebanon and its cultural diversity and historical result of the different civilizations that have gone through it made it a destination landmark for foreign tourists, the country includes a number of attractions and activities of interest to different groups of people, there are many monuments of Greek and Romanian remaining forts and castles, Arab, Byzantine, Crusader, limestone caves, churches and mosques historically, the sandy and rocky beaches, night clubs and ranches, mountain ski resorts, in addition to world-famous Lebanese cuisine
The history of cultural tourism is very old in Lebanon, where he visited many of the Orientalists, scholars and poets of European countries for their interest in culture and customs Lebanese East, notably: Alphonse de Lamartine and Ernest Renan, Victor Guerin, they came mostly in the nineteenth century to recognize closely at the historical monuments, archaeological sites , traditional clothing, religious celebrations, or pilgrimage to some holy places and shrines. Behind some of them after visiting some of the paintings and diaries
· National Museum of Beirut was established in 1937, which contains approximately 100,000 pieces antique, mostly dating back to ancient times, middle, and about 1,300 of them, dating back to the prehistoric times to the reign of the Mamluks in the Middle Ages.
· Gibran Museum: It was originally a monastery in the town of a human, then turned into a museum by the "Friends of Gibran", in honor of the philosopher, writer, poet and painter and theologian American Lebanese Gibran Khalil Gibran. The museum contains notes Jubran and his furniture and his personal library and his paintings
· American University Museum: This museum is the third oldest museum in the Near East, which displays a number of artifacts dating back to the Stone Age all the way to the Covenant of the Islamic
· Museums include other famous: Museum of Ameen Rihani - Museum of Mustafa Farrukh - Museum and Library Catholicosate Qiliqih - Museum of Baalbek - Museum Dahesh Art - Museum of Lebanese heritage - museum, Robert Mouawad Private - Museum of Byblos fossils - Palace Sursock - Wax Museum in Jbeil - Museum of memory of time - Museum of soap in Sidon
Is the most Islamic landmarks in Lebanon, of a number of mosques, libraries, schools and public baths in the town of Anjar, which was founded by the Umayyads in the eighth century, and the cities of Beirut, Tripoli and Sidon. The Christian monuments located in the most Jbeil, Jounieh, Beirut, and Bkirki, and a number of areas in Mount Lebanon and the South. There are also features of private religious Druze denomination exclusively, located mostly in the Chouf
And put the town of Anjar in the list of World Heritage sites in 1984. Built this city since 1,300 years, and this is one of the most recent archaeological sites in Lebanon, was built primarily to be a commercial center on the trade routes of maize by order of the Umayyad Caliph Walid bin Abdul Malik, and its name is derived from the "eye of dragging", ie the origin or the origin of dragging the latter was a bulwark Amoaa based in the same area lined with mosques, palaces and public baths, houses and warehouses, along the wide avenues of the city. Covering the effects and the ruins of the city area of 114.000 m 2, and is surrounded by huge stone walls two meters thick and Talo seven meters from the ground. Design is based on the rectangular city plans to civil and Roman architecture, and designs stone Vmojuzh for the Byzantines. Divide the city into four sections by two large Jadtan: the first width 20 meters and are going from north to south, and the second from east to west. City Center is located at the intersection of Avenues, there are 4 gates of a huge four bases on each corner of the intersection of the four
Baalbek was the Phoenician era just a small town where Abdul trinity gods of fertility when the Canaanite peoples, the Baal and Anat, and select. Today very little remains of the Phoenician ruins of the city, which the Greeks call it the "City of the Sun" (Latin: Heliopolis) during the Hellenistic era of governance, the Romans and re-built and designed to take a purely character Romania. After the Romans arrived Phoenicia in 64 BC. M., So they converted the town into a big city worshiped the trinity of gods own, ie, Jupiter, Venus and Markorius, and built the temples enormous within two centuries, visitors can Baalbek today to enter the castle through the gallery front roomy , and then crossing the Venaúan baptized to get to the temple complex, which includes the Great
· Temple of Bacchus: It is more ROMANIAN-preserved temples in the Middle East, and although smaller than the Temple of Jupiter, but it is still the largest in size of the Parthenon in Athens. Is still the goal from behind the building of this temple and its relation to the rest of the temples of the complex mystery.
· Venus Temple: This temple is smaller than the former temples, the dome is located in the southeast side of the complex. Has turned into a church in the Byzantine era dedicated to the honor of St. Barbara.
· Temple Markorius: left him only a staircase, which can be seen from the "hill, Sheikh Abdullah," a short distance from the main site of the Temple
Baalbek has been developed from the list of World Heritage Sites in 1984
Jubail included to the list of World Heritage sites in 1984, a city inhabited since the Neolithic period, has seen a succession of many peoples and civilizations, from Phoenicians and the Crusaders all the way to the Ottoman Turks. The port of Byblos and the historic Mediterranean city, was founded thousands of years, and is often linked to the Phoenician alphabet, as it is known that the Phoenician alphabet spread in Europe and the Mediterranean basin to start from this city
· Altermat, a relatively new sport in Lebanon, loved ones practiced in the rivers Orontes and the Litani and the initial
· Walk in the woods and explored, a famous sport, and there are a number of favorite sites frequented by loved ones, such as the Al Shouf Cedar Nature Reserve, sand, forest Aalghemuah, protected Horch Ehden, and Nahr Ibrahim.
· Explore the caves, a famous and ancient sport in Lebanon, of the famous caves frequented by people: the horizon Grotto cave, Ruwais, and set the block.
In addition to exploration by motorcycle, and mountain climbing ladders by drilling (in Italian: Via Ferrata) and abseiling, horse riding, skiing board itself singular and mountain biking and mountain climbing.
· Faria / Siman eyes: as high as between 1850 and 2500 meters, about 45 km from Beirut.
· Laqlouq: up to a height between 1750 and 2200 meters, and away from Beirut, a distance of 60 km.
· Poorest: up to a height between 1800 and 2400 meters above sea level, and away from Beirut, a distance of 45 km.
· Channel Bakic: rising 1,900 meters above sea level, and lies 60 kilometers from Beirut.
· Hawthorn: heights ranging between 1700 and 2000 meters above sea level, and is located 40 kilometers from Beirut.
Lebanon can provide a broad basket of medical specialties to seeking treatment, including diagnosis of heart disease and surgical techniques, therapeutic and surgical techniques to treat heart disease and cosmetic surgery and slimming, cancer, physical therapy and pediatric
Tourism is the main sector which supplies the majority of the Lebanese Treasury of financial resources, where they contribute about 20% of the gross domestic product during the decades that preceded the civil war. Since the end of the war, taking the sector had begun to recover slowly, but that tourism has not yet returned to the same level as before the war